THE TASTIEST VEGETABLE CHILLI EVER
Vegetable chilli is one of my favourite go to meals and there are so many decisions to make so no vegetable chilli is ever the same! Variations include:
The type of beans you use, how you serve it (you can go all out and serve it with rice, tortilla chips and guacamole and vegan cheese, or simply serve it on a baked potato or with a portion of quinoa), whether you use veggie mince or not and which vegetables you use (you can chuck in basically any vegetables you have in the fridge).
Ingredients for vegetable chilli
- 2 onions
- 4 peppers (whichever colour your prefer, I used 3 red and one green)
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 carton of tomato passata
- 3 tins of beans (black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans or haricot beans to name a few)
- Optional- 2 bags of veggie mince (~900g)
- Dash of water/oil
- Chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
Makes 10 servings
Recipe for vegetable chilli
- Chop the onions and saute on heat with a dash of oil or water.
- While the onions are sauteing, chop the remaining veg.
- Add the remaining veg to the onions and keep on a low heat for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add beans and veggie mince (if using) to the veg.
- Add spices.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and passata.
- Allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Taste the chilli and add any extra spices.
- Allow to simmer for a further 15 minutes (optional).
- Serve with rice, baked potato, tortilla chips or quinoa.